Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help, I think I'm getting crazy

I have clip (Pro res 422) that is 10min 25 sec long. So it plays in Quicktime, so it shows in FCPX Browser. As soon as I drag this clip in the timeline it only has 10 min!!? Where are the 25 sec gone I can not find them and the clip is complete. When I render it out as master clip it becomes exactly 10min 0 sec! Any idea what is going on here.... the problem is I NEED that clip to be 10.25min Never had this before...

Please help

THX

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:13 AM

13 replies

Mar 1, 2015 9:52 PM in response to xfggfx

xfggfx wrote:

Are the frame rates of the clip and the timeline the same?

Yes, sure-- always with the same equipment, and by the way the clip was rendered out with Resolve like we do it always. ... Never had this before-- just thought that it had to do with us being on OS X 10.10.3 already, but I can not reproduce it with any other clip...

Mar 2, 2015 4:49 AM in response to saba01

saba01 wrote:

Sorry can't do, it is a new product for a client ...

It really would help to see a screenshot.

If you open the clip appearance pop up in the lower right corner of the project widow and select the two options indicated by the arrow, I wouldn't think you will be disclosing very much about this project that anyone would regard as sensitive.

Russ

Mar 2, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Russ H

Russ H wrote:

saba01 wrote:

Sorry can't do, it is a new product for a client ...

It really would help to see a screenshot.

If you open the clip appearance pop up in the lower right corner of the project widow and select the two options indicated by the arrow, I wouldn't think you will be disclosing very much about this project that anyone would regard as sensitive.

Russ

Sorry what do you mean? Where?

Mar 2, 2015 10:59 AM in response to saba01

To change the clip appearance, click the button at the bottom right of the timeline. The first option show only audio waveforms and not video thumbnails.

User uploaded file

Alternately, make your screenshot normally with Cmd-Shift-4 and then open the file in Preview and cover any sensitive material. Use the rectangle tool.

You may end up with something like this:

User uploaded file

I need help, I think I'm getting crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.