Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Messages

I recently updated my iTunes and now I keep getting two error messages that I'm not connected to the Internet, but I am. I can't get to iTunes Store or iTunes Help. The two error messages are: 3212 and 11222. What do I do?

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 10:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 11:43 AM in response to Jan717

Hello Jan717,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are receiving error messages when attempting to access the iTunes Store on your computer. Luckily, we have some great resources that provide troubleshooting steps for these specific errors:

For errors in the 3000 range, you can refer to this article:

Resolve issues between iTunes and security software - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201413

Additionally, check out this section of our advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting article for information on error 11222:

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203361

"Error 11222"

Apple is investigating reports of this issue. Proxies, certificate issues, or your Internet service provider may be the cause of this issue.

1. To address proxies and some certificate issues:
  2. Windows:
  3. Open Internet Explorer.
  4. From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options.
  5. Click Connections.
  6. Under "Dial-up and Virtual Private Networking," choose "Never dial a connection." It may not be possible to choose this if you’ve never used dial-up Internet. If this is the case, skip to the next step.
  7. Click LAN Settings.
  8. In the window that opens, enable the option to "Automatically detect settings" if it is not enabled.
  9. iTunes uses Internet Options proxy settings. Apple recommends removing proxy settings that interfere with access to the iTunes Store if needed.
  10. Click OK.
  11. Click the Advanced tab.
  12. Scroll down to the Security section and look for the option to "Check for server certificate revocation." If it is enabled, disable it.
  13. Look for "Use SSL 3.0" and "Use TLS 1.0." Make sure at least one of those two checkboxes is selected and click OK. (You can select both checkboxes).
  14. Apply any changes and then restart your computer if you modified the option to "Check for server certificate revocation" in step 11.

If the issue is with a proxy you are unable to remove, contact the technical staff who support your computer or network, or try another computer or network.

If that does not resolve the issue, follow steps in iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Cheers,

Matt M.

Error Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.