Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently upgraded to Yosemite. Now in my Pages documents I cannot select/edit any objects or images. Help Please!

I just recently updated my MacBook Pro to Yosemite 10.10.2

I also updated my "Pages" when asked to.

Now when a open any of my Pages documents, I cannot select/edit any of the objects/images in those documents.

I have gone through the "Pages" help but still cannot solve the problem.

There used to be a "make background objects selectable" button, but I can no longer find it.

I have tried the "arrange tab" > section masters > make master objects selectable, but nothing happened

Any suggestions

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 10:34 AM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2015 11:02 AM in response to blackberrytimeagain

This may help: iWork for Mac- Importing and exporting iWork '09 documents. I don't use iWork, so I'm afraid I cannot be of much more help.

You would need to import each document as you use it. However, one you re-save it from the current version you won't need to import it again. I don't know if anyone has released a batch imported. You might check at the App Store.

Mar 1, 2015 12:11 PM in response to Kappy

Hello Kappy,

I checked out your link and I remember the import box popping up when I upgraded from iWork to Pages a few years ago. My problem is with all files (even documents created with "pages" last week. The documents open fine, I just cannot select/edit the objects/images in the background of my documents. Yes, I have tried going through all of the tab menus and layout options and tried "pages" help.

So my problem is that I cannot open documents and adapt them to my next lesson, etc.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I recently upgraded to Yosemite. Now in my Pages documents I cannot select/edit any objects or images. Help Please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.