Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to play a dvd from my macbook pro laptop to my tv. i have all the proper connections w/ HDMI/mini display port cables

I am trying to play a dvd from my MacBook Pro laptop to my TV. I have all the proper cable connections (HDMI/mini display port set up correctly). When I go into System Preferences and go to Displays, there is not the option of "Arrangements" listed or "Mirroring" that I have researched you need to adjust.

How do I fix that?

Thank you

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 10:39 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 11:52 AM in response to dfish25

Hi dfish25,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you've connected your MacBook Pro to your TV, but the computer doesn't recognize that the TV is connected.

I recommend troubleshooting this situation with the steps in the "No video or no signal, image distortion, 'snow,' or flickering" section of this article:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Mar 2, 2015 3:51 PM in response to jeremy_v

Hi Jeremy

Thank you for your reply

I have been investigating the issue further and when I go into System Preferences and go to Displays My computer does not offer up the Arrangements tab option for me to check the Mirror Displays box. I am getting a message that I only have a single display available. How would I chnage that to get multiple displays. This has been rather frustrating

Thanks for any help you can provide

dfish

Mar 6, 2015 4:27 PM in response to dfish25

Hello dfish25,

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like your Mac is not recognizing that you have connected it to the TV. Normally, the options for multiple displays would appear automatically once the two devices are connected.

To troubleshoot this situation, start with these tips from the article mentioned above:

• Try unplugging the video adapter or cable and then plug it back in.
  • If more than one video adapter is in use (or "daisy-chained"), troubleshoot by using only one adapter.
  • If available, try using a different display and or adapter (or use a different connector by using DVI instead of VGA, for instance).

You can reset the Mac's parameter RAM and SMC.

1. Start up in Safe Mode.
  2. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  3. Choose Displays from the View menu to open the preferences pane.
  4. Select any resolution and refresh rate that your display supports.
  5. Restart your computer.

If you still do not see the Arrangements tab after trying these steps, you may want to consult the additional support resources at this link:

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Best Regards,

Jeremy

i want to play a dvd from my macbook pro laptop to my tv. i have all the proper connections w/ HDMI/mini display port cables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.