Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2011 with a biggest problem

Hi

I have a iMac 27" from 2011 and yesterday i have a problem, when i work in images in full screen, my screen is going crazy, first frozen and after that its appear lines in horizontal (i think is in horizontal not vertical).

So,i need to turn off the computer by the power button (i try to turn off by keyboard but don't work). After that i turn on the iMac and everything works fine, when i start working again in images the iMac have the same problem, so i turn off.

Today i'm trying to turn on and the iMac is rebooting, ( i leave a video to show in few moments) , and stay making this ever and ever again.

Im trying to diagnosting the problem with the key D but i can't enter, still a long time in grey screen and after that enter with Apple logo.

The iMac is out of warranty but i like to know if is enable to replacement program, because i think is the graphic card.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 2011

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 10:35 AM

13 replies

Mar 1, 2015 10:48 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks Kappy

I check now this page iMac (27-inch): AMD Radeon 6970M Video Card Replacement Program - Apple Support and i fond one line we say

"If the iMac (27-inch) meets these requirements, Apple will replace the video card free of charge for four years after the first retail sale of the computer."

🙂

I think if this is my problem i have the replacement .

Mar 8, 2015 4:02 AM in response to ferreirex

I send the iMac for a Apple center and have the information it is a graphic card and a hd, why the hd too? because the times i need to turn off manually and the many time the iMac reboot alone.(the Apple center don't say me that, but is that who i think)

The graphic card have the replacement program in Portugal too 🙂 so i have a new one, and i change the disk to don't have other problems in future.

iMac 2011 with a biggest problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.