Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reformat mac mini mid 2010

How do I reformat a mac mini mid 2010. It has Yosemite 10.10.2. There is no startup disk. Starting holding the command R button does not put me into the correct mode. We want to sell or give away this product.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 10:50 AM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2015 10:53 AM in response to llbixler

Your model came with a set of software restore discs. You need to use those to erase the drive and then install a fresh copy of the original OS X version that came with the computer. You cannot use the retail copy of Snow Leopard. You will need the original discs. If you don't have them, they can be purchased from Apple:

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes

international calling numbers..

You cannot sell or give away your Mini with any version of Lion or later installed. Those versions are all permanently tied to your Apple ID and cannot be transferred.

How do I reformat mac mini mid 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.