Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY IPAD DISPLAYS AN IMAGE OF A JACK POINTING TO THE ITUNES SYMBOLS

MY IPAD DISPLAYS AN IMAGE OF THE IPAD JACK POINTING TO THE ITUNES SYMBOL

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:06 AM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 11:53 AM in response to LONDON810

According to the Apple Support article, you could have a hardware problem with the iPad or with your computer.

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

These errors mean that your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

There are a number of YouTube videos that claim to be able to fix this error and I would give you a couple of links, but you can Google "error 21 in iTunes when restoring iPad" and you will be able to find them on your own.

MY IPAD DISPLAYS AN IMAGE OF A JACK POINTING TO THE ITUNES SYMBOLS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.