Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Arranging AUX tracks in LPX

Hello there!

I'm experiencing the issue that is really driving me crazy! I create several routed AUX tracks from the multi-output software instrument, than I create these tracks for my arrange window and pack it to the Folder Stack Track. So here comes the problem - When I sort these tracks the way I want, the Mixer doesn't mirror this order 😟 It possible only if "Adding Signal Flow Channel Strips" option is unchecked. So how do I arrange the aux tracks in Mixer window?

Regards

~Vasily

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:24 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 4:20 PM in response to wave-twister

It's all about Track Numbers.

Here are a few rules and conventions:

• You can rearrange the Tracks only in the Tracks Window and not in the Mixer Window
  • The Mixer will follow the order of the Tracks Window
  • Make the Track Number visible in the Mixer to get a better idea (Channel Strip Component).
  • Aux Channel Strips don't have an assigned Track, and therefore, no Track Number, and therefor, are placed at the right of the Mixer Window
  • Exception 1: If you assign a Track to an Aux Channel Strip, then it is listed in the Tracks Window and you can move it to whatever position you want and it will follow in the Mixer
  • Exception 2: If an Aux is used as an input for the Multi-output of an Software Instrument, then it is positioned next to the Instrument Channel Strip. You can assign it a Track and move it to a different position in the Tracks Window, but it won't "leave" its position in the Mixer Window next to its Parent Track.
  • The Output Channel Strip is special. It has a Track assigned to it by default, but it is hidden. Make it visible from the Menu "Track ➤ Show Output Track". Also, it is always the last Track (highest Track Number) and you cannot move it to a different position.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Arranging AUX tracks in LPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.