Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Air wont get out of the browser.....

I press home button or use the multi-finger gestures to get out of the app, but they don't work. I am stuck in Safari Browser, and if I connect to the internet, then I can't decrease my volume below 1. Siri does work and if I ask SIRI to open an app it replies as, 'Couldn't open '***** app*. My apologies'. I can't access anything but the browser. Please help.... I am stuck in my browser and my battery is 50%. Even if I try to switch it off, it won't. I press the button for long, but no difference. I don't know what to do now. I don't know what category to choose....

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.1, I need an answer quick.

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:31 AM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2015 11:58 AM in response to TheUnknown StillUnknown

Try these steps in this order.

Close the Safari browser. In order to close Safari, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Next, reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Go to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website data.

Hopefully you will be good to go after doing all of this.

Mar 1, 2015 6:25 PM in response to Demo

Not in Safari History, in other applications I do have important data, and YES I am saying I cannot close the applications because I can't go in preview of the app and the multifinger gestures or anything of any of that sort doesn't work, but anyways since you told me I don't lose data, i did the last step of home+power button and it worked. Thanks a lot...........

My iPad Air wont get out of the browser.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.