Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won't download to discontinued device

HI, I have an app which I purchased from itunes, it's been working perfectly up until I got a new laptop at Christmas and had to transfer my library from my old latop. I have 2nd generation ipod touch, and now when I try to sync the app to it, I get a message saying the software is outdated so the app will now longer sync. I've tried whited00r, but nothing seemed to happen...it's a favourite app and I'm really really annoyed that I can't load it to my ipod! There is a newer version of the app, but it isn't the same (new and improved often isn't improved at all), and I don't see why I should have to pay for it again anyway.

Is there any way to get it back on my ipod, or I'm I doomed forever more....?

Thank you!

iPod touch, iOS 4.2.7

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 1:08 PM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2015 1:17 PM in response to GRIMBLENESS

On the iPod try going to the App Store and try "purchasing" the app. You should be offered if you want to redownload the last compatible version. However, the last compatible version is not always available. If it is not then your only hope is if yoou have a compatible version in your backup of computer files.

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

Apps won't download to discontinued device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.