Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restric option to make a passcode.. I Don't want ability for passcode to be made

Hi,

I have two Ipads in a weight room at my school. Recently, one of the kids decided to put a passcode on them (I had left them with no passcode so they can always be used)

Luckily they came forward after a few nights..

I'm wondering if there is anyway to eliminate this from happening again. Restrictions doesn't seem like it has an option to restrict passcode.

Any one have any ideas. I don't want a passcode EVER on them...

Thanks!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2, null

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:46 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 11:52 AM in response to ptski

I can see where you're coming from but you're looking for a self-contradiction. Just think - there would have to be a setting that says "No passwords allowed" but the only way that that setting could be permanent would be if it was itself protected by a password! In any event, I'm sorry but you can not permanently lock out the existence of passwords.

Mar 1, 2015 12:01 PM in response to ptski

Well, there's more than one way to skin a cat...

I'm hoping that you have an Apple ID but, before I get there, it's first important that you sync the iPad to a computer's iTunes at least once.

Then, enable the "Find my iPad" function using your Apple ID. When, in the future, someone plays around and sets a password, you go into iCloud and remotely erase the iPad. After the erasure, connect the iPad to the computer and sync again to get it back to where it was.

Restric option to make a passcode.. I Don't want ability for passcode to be made

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.