Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does the macbook pro 13 retina battery last

I just recently got my macbook and was wondering this because i am a bit scared. Apple says their battery lasts around 9 hours, what does that mean? If just doing simple work like pages and other programs a like, my battery will last up to 9 or 10 hours but that is when my brightness is less than 60%, it lasts maybe 8 hours at full. However, when I'm doing searches on safari like going on websites and youtube, my battery only lasts about 6.5 hours at 40% brightness, for some reason if i am on netflix it will last longer, maybe for about 7.5 hours 40% brightness. I personally would be happy with 6+ hours and keeping it at a low brightness but if I'm supposed to get more battery than why not?! P.S. When i go on activity monitor it says that none of the applications are using more than 5% (except activity monitor).

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 1:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 2:20 PM in response to samraymond

Hey samraymond,

Welcome to the Apple family, I’m glad to hear that you have purchased a new MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Our marketing pages state that the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display can last up to 9 hours. However, please keep in mind that battery life will definitely vary by use and configuration. Our technical specifications page provides more information on the testing that was conducted to determine battery life:

Apple - MacBook Pro with Retina display - Technical Specifications

http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-retina/

Testing conducted by Apple in July 2014 using preproduction 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units, preproduction 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units, and preproduction 2.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 720p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.

If you’d like to learn more about maximizing your battery life, see this helpful resource:

Apple - Batteries - Maximizing Performance

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#macbook

Thanks,

Matt M.

How long does the macbook pro 13 retina battery last

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.