Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Manage Storage require wifi?

Shock of shocks--discovered today that Manage Storage requires WiFi being on! Is that right?

i'm talking about getting the list of apps on the device and seeing which are the memory hogs--not doing anything with iCloud. In the past, it always came up regardless of whether WiFi was on or not, the list would come up.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, Magical! Frye was so right!

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:37 PM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2015 12:02 PM in response to JimHdk

It's weird because on my iPad Mini 2, after I installed iOS 8.1.3, I was unable to get a list of apps on the device and their space consumption. I had to turn wifi on to see it!

Is there a bug? I've had instances on different iPads, this one, too, in which the phrases about iCloud are not in their proper place. I'm wondering if the Manage Storage button that was displayed was the one for iCloud and not the device itself. It was showing the device's capacity and remaining space--not the 5 gb for iCloud. I also didn't have iCloud set up (still don't).

Today, fortunately, it worked even with wifi off.

Does Manage Storage require wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.