Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to find out how to lock my son out of YouTube. I have entered YouTube in the "Do not Allow Access" but he still manages to get on. I have an older iPad2 that runs IOS 8.1.3. Thanks for your help.

I need to find out how to lock my son out of YouTube. I have entered YouTube in the "Do not Allow Access" but he still manages to get on. I have an older iPad2 that runs IOS 8.1.3. Thanks for your help.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 12:45 PM

If you don't use the app, you could try deleting it if he doesn't know your apple id password 🙂

11 replies

Mar 1, 2015 1:21 PM in response to lynn248

I Think that Gail was trying to understand specifically where you said that you restricted this access. There is no "Do not allow access" setting on an iOS device. You can enter the urn into restricted websites if you choose to use restrictions on the iPad.

https://m.youtube.com

https://youtube.com

The first url is mobile device specific. The second url is for the full website.

Mar 1, 2015 2:14 PM in response to Demo

Thanks so much for the url info. When I said "Do not allow access" I meant "Specific Websites" but I couldn't remember the exact wording, sorry. Now I have a new question (if you have the time) and that is: Is there a "General Setting Password" that is different than the password that is used when you want to use the iPad. If there isn't . . . how can I change the 4-digit password that is required to use the iPad? Thanks again for all your help . . .

Mar 1, 2015 2:25 PM in response to lynn248

You're welcome.

There is no way to password prevent the use of certain apps or functions. The only passcode available is the one to unlock the device.

You can set a more complicated passcode that uses letter and numbers, Or you can just change the current passcode. Go to Settings>Passcode>Enter your current passcode. You can change the passcode once you get to that screen. The screen will look like this.

User uploaded file

Mar 1, 2015 3:44 PM in response to lynn248

This works the same way as the passcode that unlocks the device. You have to know the restrictions password in order to change it. Go to Settings>Restrictions>Enter the passcode. Then disable restrictions. You will have to enter the old passcode again in order to confirm your decision. After you have turned off restrictions, turn it on again and give it a new passcode.

IF you cannot remember the restrictions passcode, the only way to get rid of it is to restore the iPad as new. You cannot use the backup - unless the backup was created before the restrictions passcode was entered. Otherwise, you must restore as new which will totally erase the device. If you find yourself in this situation, and you have to restore as new, you can download most paid content again as long as you use the same Apple ID and as long as the content is still available to download again.

Download Past Purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.