Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple, what is happening

I have no question.

I would acquaint, Apple, that after months (years) I was able to convince an old Mac user (G4) to buy a new iMac 27".

We ordered it in an Apple store. The iMac ordered was not a standard configuration so it was assembled and shipped.

Well. We received it on Friday and we have organised a little event (on Sunday) where I should have show what it's possible to do with a (new) Mac to a group of friends of mine (I do this because some of them never have a Mac, others have G5 and G4 Macs...and because I use Apple since 1980!).

I spent many and many words about the fantastic computers that Apple is doing. Many bla bla bla to eulogize Apple and its wonderful products.

I opened the box spending others words... (with big suffering, we did not open the box until today!)

Oooooh! What a beautiful packaging! ...look at the efforts they put to do the package! Great iMac! Look at this big screen...Yes! The keyboard does not have any cable and also the magic mouse is a great device...bla bla bla bla...and now look...look how it's easy to setup everything in few minutes!

After that, I've inserted the power cord with a theatrical move, I pushed the power button and...and...nothing happened!

Grin. Mmmm....may be the power point? No.

Maybe the power cord? No.

It's the brand new iMac 27" that doesn't turn on!!!!

I could gulp a RAM failure, an HD failure and other curse that can happens but a new out of the box Mac that do not power on is really the top of the bleak.

Apple, please, I understand that many and many iMac are sold and everything it's possible but a brand new iMac with custom configuration that doesn't turn on it's really frustrating.

I really would like to know who WHO W H O has assembled and tested the iMac. I can't believe that the new iMac has been sent damaged. But this is it.

I am sure that Apple will quickly give us another new and working iMac but for me this will be a ungorgettable day.

Cheers

Giovanni

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 12:49 PM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 1:05 PM in response to Bix Byte

There is a lesson here: never do a live demo without previously having checked your equipment - especially a "show off' event in front of friends.

Se qualcosa può andar male, andrà male.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legge_di_Murphy

I am sure that Apple will quickly give us another new and working iMac but for me this will be a ungorgettable day.

Your friend is going to have to contact the store, but just think, Giovanni, how good it will be when his new iMac does its magic!

Stock up on lots of Asti Spumante and Amarone.

Apple, what is happening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.