Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone plays music when answering phone

My iPhone 5 plays music randomly when I answer phone calls (not every time), and my iPhone 4 did the same thing, does anybody know why, or how to fix the issue?

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:05 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 2:26 PM in response to J.W.

Hello there J.W.,

If I understand correctly you are answering your phone, and music starts playing from the speaker on both your iPhone 5 and your iPhone 4. Assuming that you restored your iPhone 5 from a backup of your iPhone 4, I would start by quitting all the running apps on your iPhone 5 first:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

iphone plays music when answering phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.