Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer download in Safari. The Download tab does not show up in toolbar any longer. Can anyone help?

I like to download old music videos from the 50's. Recently the Download tap in Safari does not show up anymore. It's as if I did something that may have deleted it. I can't find away to get it back. For now I've switched to my Google App which works just fine. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Have MacBookPro, iPad and iPhone 3G

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 1:57 PM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 2:28 PM in response to dominic23

Thanks for responding, but that is exactly my problem. When I have a movie selected that I would like to download I can no longer activate the Download tab in Safari. I have switched to Google and it works fine but not in Safari. This the first time this has happened to me and I have been a Mac user for many, many years. Thanks for trying to solve my problem.

Mar 1, 2015 3:17 PM in response to 4most

Still haven't solved my problem regarding the download button not showing up when I move my cursor over the movie that I want to download, like I used to be able to do. So I have a follow up question. I back up my computer daily using Time Machine. Could I just go to the appropriate back up file and restore from that previous date Safari? Would I retain all my bookmarks etc, or would they be lost?

I can no longer download in Safari. The Download tab does not show up in toolbar any longer. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.