Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MX870 won't scan with Adobe XI Pro

I just got a MacBook Pro with OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 and can't get my printer (a Canon MX870) to scan a document with Adobe XI Pro. I used to scan documents all the time with the MacBook Pro I had and Adobe IX. I can't for the life of me see where the problem is. I select Create a PDF from Scanner and nothing happens. No error message. Nothing. The printer otherwise works fine, as does Adobe, which I use to mark up PDFs. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Printer won't scan

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 3:13 PM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2015 6:04 AM in response to lvuralnyc

Hi lvuralnyc,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to scan with Adobe XI Pro but are unsuccessful. To isolate the issue, I would suggest trying to scan from the System Preferences as described in the attached article. If you are still unable to scan, please let me know.

OS X Yosemite: Scan images or documents

Open your scanner

1. Connect your scanner, plug it in, and turn it on.

2. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

3. Select your scanner in the list at the left, then click Open Scanner on the right.

If your scanner is also a printer, you may need to click Scan on the right before you can click Open Scanner.

If you don’t see an Open Scanner button, you may need to set up your scanner, or check the documentation that came with your scanner to see how to perform scans.

Best regards,

Joe

Canon MX870 won't scan with Adobe XI Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.