Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I eject the install disk on the mini mac?

In wiping the mini mac, it keeps looping to the erase and install. It won't allow me to shut down or eject the disk to put in the program disk. When the screen gets to the Install Mac OS X, it won't show any disk (the Mac Mini) to install it. I used the Utilities to erase and install, but I can't go any further. It should install with a system lower than the OS X Yosemite.

Message was edited by: llbixler

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 1:45 PM

6 replies

Mar 1, 2015 3:08 PM in response to lllaass

The disk is ejected. I don't know what the boot EFI is. Even with the Startup disk ejected, the computer goes to the Install MAC OXS, but there is no disk at the 'select the disk where you want to install Mac OS X. The Mac mini install disk is Mac OS X Install DVD. OS version 10.6.3 & I believe it was Snow Leopard. 2010

Mar 1, 2015 3:33 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you. The computer will not allow me to use the apple menu. I am only able to select anything from the install disk, which allows me to only go into utilities. In order to shut down, I have to hold the on button until it shuts down. I think the solution will be to take this to the Apple people. At least, I can eject the disk. Thank you for your help.

How do I eject the install disk on the mini mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.