Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not accepting my Apple ID

My phone is all set up, except for one nagging thing. I cannot get my Apple ID to work with the set up of iMessage on my phone. The same Apple ID I use to enter this forum, the same ID I use to download apps from the App Store "on my phone," the same ID I use for Facetime IS NOT WORKING to activate iMessage.

Does anyone have an idea about how I can fix this nagging problem? I do not want to change my Password, because I know it is already working.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:34 PM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2015 4:16 PM in response to emilyek

Do you have two step verification set up for your Apple ID? If you do you will need to set up an app specific auto generated password for both FaceTime and iMessage as that has now become obligatory for those services and it is being rolled out in stages. Here is more info on app specific passwords:

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

More info about 2 step verification:

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

iMessage not accepting my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.