Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple logo screen changing colours in a loop

My phone randomly went in a loop of the apple logo (with the white background) changing colours (sometimes red, blue, grey) and I can't restore it or connect it to my computer!

Please help!

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:05 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 6:15 AM in response to gzhu22

Hi gzhu22,

To troubleshoot this issue where your iPhone will not boot past the Apple logo and is showing different colored screens, please follow the directions below.

If your device gets stuck during startup

When starting up, you might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time, or your device might restart again. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

Get more help

If you still need help after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

apple logo screen changing colours in a loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.