Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iPhone 5c screen black, can still hear ring, got new iphone under insurance, ATT store cannot transfer data from one phone to the other.

iphone 5c dropped, screen went black, could still hear ring, messages etc, but could not see. ATT is carrier, called them, had insurance, used insurance to get another phone, I have all my photos, passwords, contacts notes, apps on the phone where the screen when black. Was sent another iPhone, suppose to send back damaged. Tech at ATT could not transfer all apps and data from old iPhone to new iPhone because he said he cannot see the screen. What can I do? I have the latest update on new phone and damaged phone. I don't want to send damaged phone back to insurance company with all my data on there either.

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:38 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 6:30 AM in response to Leila87

Hi Leila87,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you want to get your data from one device to another. I would recommend that you read this article, if you backup data to a computer you can sync that data to a new phone.

If you have never backed up and you try to sync it may ask for the device password to be entered on the broken iPhone.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Dropped iPhone 5c screen black, can still hear ring, got new iphone under insurance, ATT store cannot transfer data from one phone to the other.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.