Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to claim 100G Free Space Partition after Deleting Yosemite Beta

When I was running Mavericks I had a single large 500G volume (no partitions). The I installed Yosemite Beta on a 100G partition. After Yosemite was released it reinstalled over the Mavericks on Partition 1. When I tried to delete Yosemite Beta partition to reclaim the space to evert to original form - I have been stuck with a 100G Free Space partition that I can do nothing with - neither make it into a usable volume to store data nor be able to merge it into the original partition. I am hitting up against the space restrictions dn desperate now - I have see Loner T do an awesome job with his advice on this forum for similar issues. Very grateful for help. I also purchase iPartition but it was a waste as it says that it does not have write access to the disk.

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 3:21 PM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2015 3:26 PM in response to sunkap

Here are my

Diskutil list

Dads-Mac:~ sunkap$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.3 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS 399.4 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

/dev/disk1

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: Apple_HFS Mac *399.4 GB disk1

Logical Volume on disk0s2

D30FABC9-09A2-47B8-B008-7AE0CBB42164

Unencrypted

Dads-Mac:~ sunkap$

Unable to claim 100G Free Space Partition after Deleting Yosemite Beta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.