Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

InstallerT

installerT is gobbling up memory and CPU time until I get a "Startup Disk is Full" message.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:53 PM

7 replies

Mar 3, 2015 4:34 AM in response to Kimoyd

I have had this problem twice.

Go to :/Users/Library/Application Support/IM.Installer/Completer.app/Contents/MacOS/InstallerT

The "IM.Installer" folder is the "bug"....PUT IT IN THE TRASH, and your problem will be solved.

Also.. If you have MacKeeper, somewhere on your hard drive,

get rid of it also. It really slows down your computer!

Thanks-RD

Mar 3, 2015 10:40 AM in response to Kimoyd

Not sure..It just showed up a few months ago, and I had to take my

computer to the guy that does all my repairs. He finally found it,

and trashed it along with Mackeeper, and everything was running smooth,

until yesterday,when it slowed up again.

I found Mackeeper back in my Applications folder, do not know how it got there?

I trashed it, and finally found the instalallerT, in the folder above.

I suspect that Mackeeper may have something to do with it?

It pops up a good bit trying to get me to download it.

I may have let it download somehow..not sure?

Apr 20, 2015 8:05 AM in response to demofoto

Thanks for your very helpful information. My iMac became incredibly slow because the memory and the cpu were invaded by this installerT task. I have no idea where it came from. Is that a sort of malware?

Following your indication I could trash the suspected folder and the problem is solved.

I have to point out that I needed to keep the alt key depressed all along the procedure in order to get access to the faulty folder.

Thanks again.

Apr 20, 2015 8:34 AM in response to cocomop

InstallerT seems to be part of Genieo which is nasty stuff. It uses confusing adds on web pages where you might want to download something else, such that you click on the Genieo link and install it, thinking you were installing something else that you really wanted.

This trick caught my wife (a seasoned computer professional). Genieo took her fully tricked out Macbook Pro 16GB w/SSD to its knees. Nasty.

InstallerT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.