Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

brand new macbookpro; recent install Yosemite; computer now opens to my name and image but no place to put the password but nothing happens when trying to click on restart etc.

Macbook Pro purchased December 2014.....was fine until update iOS to Yosemite 2 days ago. Now, when turned on my image with my name comes up on the screen...no place to put your password.....at the bottom...restart, but used cursor to click on the restart and also my name, the image etc....nothing happens.

I shutdown to go into the Recovery OS....and got the screen about resetting the password....which doesn't need reset. The third choice seemed more appropriate regarding the keyboard...but could not click on any of them with the cursor.

Spent an hour with Apple support who ended up referring me to an Apple store that's a 100 mile round trip from me. Can't believe they can't help me...and can't believe this is happening to a brand new Mac.....guess Apple is no different than any other computer...install an update or upgrade...and immediately have problems.

Exasperated,

Joe......good thing my Dell is working

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.1.3, Just downloaded Yosemite iOS

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:35 PM

There are no replies.

brand new macbookpro; recent install Yosemite; computer now opens to my name and image but no place to put the password but nothing happens when trying to click on restart etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.