Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6.5.2 is incompatible with Chemdraw Std 13.0

Keynote 6.5.2 is incompatible with copying and pasting from Chemdraw Std. 13.0 which I need for my schoolwork. The previous release of keynote did not have this issue. How can I revert to 6.5 (or whatever the previous release was)?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 5:21 PM

7 replies

Mar 2, 2015 5:43 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I would love to use the old iWork '09 but Yosemite will not let me open them anymore. Every time I try I get a prompt saying they are not compatible with Yosemite.

The new versions worked great until they were up dated 38 days ago. Now they no longer let me copy and paste Chemdraws into any Apple iWork software. It is frustrating because I am presenting at a national chemistry conference in 2 weeks and now have to covert everything to Word documents.

Mar 2, 2015 7:58 AM in response to banana125

Keynote 6.5.2 is incompatible with copying and pasting from Chemdraw Std. 13.0

option 1

I can copy and paste from Chemdraw 14 into Keynote 6.5 without any issues.

Upgrade to verion 14

I would love to use the old iWork '09 but Yosemite will not let me open them anymore.

option 2 - Right click an existing Keynote file that was created in Keynote 5.3, select open with then select Keynote 5.3

Now they no longer let me copy and paste Chemdraws

option 3 - In chemdraw save as either TIFF, PDF or PNG then drag the files onto a slide, this works perfectly.

Mar 2, 2015 9:48 AM in response to banana125

banana125 wrote:

Option1: I read that Chemdraw 14.0 is not compatible with Yosemite.

Who ever wrote that is incompetant, I use both applications to create professional presentations without any problems.

Download the trial version and test it yourself: Chemdraw two week free trial

Option 2: That does not work. I still cannot open it and I get an error message.

Have you checked Keynote 5.3 is installed in Applications > iWork 09 > Keynote?

What is the error message?

Option 3: I'd have to create a separate Chemdraw file for each one I make and Chemdraws are already completed from previous work so I'd have to copy all of them into new files.

No, you would save an individual TIFF PNG or PDF from each existing chemdraw file you want to include in Keynote

Keynote 6.5.2 is incompatible with Chemdraw Std 13.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.