Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vehicle traffic back round noise

Can I eliminate or reduce the traffic back round noise on one of my imported clips in the timeline. I want to be able to hear the speech more clearly.

Kind Regards

Jim Brian

Final Cut Pro X, Version 10.1.4

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 3:47 PM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 7:07 PM in response to jimbo46au

You can't really eliminate noise without creating a lot of "digital artifacts". However there's a combination of things you can try.

Add a Levels > Adaptive Limiter and dial down the Input Scale all the way, then dial up the Gain (this will crush a lot of noise below the "noise floor" then raise what's left again). Add an EQ > Channel EQ and in the dialog, suppress frequencies less than 500 Hz, increase frequencies around 1K - 3K slightly (to boost the vocal ranges), and you might want to increase frequencies over 15K (for harmonics, overtones, etc.)

User uploaded file

to about

User uploaded file

...or something like it (no two sources are the same.) [For the second one, I reduced the volume of the clip in the storyline and increased the gain in the EQ.]

You don't want to "notch" out frequencies too severely as it will just sound too weird.

Vehicle traffic back round noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.