Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 searhing for network

I have an unlocked iPhone 5. Inserted a vodafone AU SIM a couple days ago. The phone's still showing that it's searching for a network. Tried restarting, re-inserting the SIM, resetting the phone back to factory.

Now I'm trying to set the phone through a wifi, I manage to set the language, country/ region, but after that, it tells me that it may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone. After a few minutes, it tells me that the iPhone could not be activate because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. It asks me to connect the iPhone to iTunes to activate or try again in a couple of minutes. I don't have any of the iPhone as I've erased everything and can't even find my IMEI so I can provide it for the online support. Any ideas how I can resolve this issue, if it can be resolved? Cheers.

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:29 PM

1 reply

iphone 5 searhing for network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.