Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching language pref in iPad using wireless keyboard

The Apple Bluetooth wireless keyboard has no globe icon. Is there some shortcut I can use to switch languages (i.e., change the keyboard) when the wireless keyboard is connected to my iPad Air? I have several languages entered in Settings, so using the screen keyboard I can switch in a few seconds. Do I have to go into Settings and change the language there in order to use this feature when I'm on the wireless keyboard?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:22 PM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2015 9:37 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks very much, Tom--I am delighted now to discover your blog and Twitter account and will share a link with language classmates and colleagues.

But I need to ask further about typing Greek on the iPad. When I try your solution, I can indeed get Greek, but it is modern Greek, not Ancient/Attic--thus the accent and breathing marks are not part of the keyboard. Is there a way to download or access the Polytonic Greek keyboard? Thanks again.

Mar 3, 2015 10:33 AM in response to March95

March95 wrote:

When I try your solution, I can indeed get Greek, but it is modern Greek, not Ancient/Attic--thus the accent and breathing marks are not part of the keyboard. Is there a way to download or access the Polytonic Greek keyboard?

Under iOS 7 and earlier, there were separate settings for Hardware keyboards, where you could specify Polytonic Greek. But these are gone in iOS 8, and I don't know whether there is any way to make it work.

For screen typing, you might try the app Keyman Pro, which I think has a polytonic greek keyboard.

Switching language pref in iPad using wireless keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.