Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone app freezes and message app crashes. I tried restarting multiple times and the problem persists. Everytime i go to the phone app and press on a contact to call it just freezes up and does nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

My phone app freezes and when i press on contact either it freezes or does nothing. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Also messaging app crashes. ANOTHER NEW PROBLEM: I can't receive calls either.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 8:37 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 12:10 AM in response to GG TaeyeonIsLove

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

My phone app freezes and message app crashes. I tried restarting multiple times and the problem persists. Everytime i go to the phone app and press on a contact to call it just freezes up and does nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.