Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c erratically connecting/disconnecting

Hi there. I'm trying to connect my iPhone 5c to my PC (win 8.1, USB 3.0) with the cable and as soon as I plug it in, it connects and disconnects like crazy, non stop. I tryied with another cable and it was the same. I tried with all the USB ports and it was the same (other USB devices are working). I tryied downloading the supercharger driver from the PC manufacturer (MSI) and it didn't work either. I can connect it just fine to other PCs running win 7 (not entirely sure about what sort of USB port those PCs have).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brian

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:50 PM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2015 2:22 PM in response to brianlynchw

I was running the exact same problem. I found out that the issue is not the computer or the USB port, the problem is the iPhone. Older iPhones cannot connect to a fast USB connection (like yours, 3.0). When you connect the phone, the transfer speed is so fast that it disconnects and connects like crazy. You can solve the problem by buying an inexpensive USB hub (no faster than USB 2.0 connection). You then connect the USB hub to your computer and the iPhone to the HUB. Problem solved. I got a USB hub from Microcenter for $4.99 and was able to do everything just fine. I had done all the non-sense troubleshooting I was able to read online, uninstalling all Apple software, checking for loose USB connections, bringing the phone to safe mode, etc. This solved the problem.

iPhone 5c erratically connecting/disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.