Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a new computer and I did the iTunes install and update and now I have a ton of of songs that didn't get sav

Hope their is someone who knows what happened and can help me out. That is a ton of money spent on songs that are no longer visible or in my library. I had a folder called ALL and it is not out there.

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 5:23 PM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 5:32 PM in response to eibmans

When you install iTunes on a new computer media will only be available to you automatically if:

• your songs were purchased from the iTunes Store, and/or
  • you subscribe to iTunes Match

In the first case, there may be limitations on where you are (not all local versions of the iTunes Store support re-downloading of purchased items) and whether the items concerned are still available for purchase. In both cases you need to be signed into iTunes using the same Apple ID that you used to purchase media and to subscribe to iTunes Match.

In general, though, you need to transfer your library from your old computer to your new one. If you no longer have access to the old computer, and have neglected to keep an up to date backup of it, it may be possible to retrieve media that is on an iPod / iPhone / iPad.

I purchased a new computer and I did the iTunes install and update and now I have a ton of of songs that didn't get sav

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.