Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

REALLY FRUSTRATED!!! (14gb of other)

Why do I have FOURTEEN GIGABYTES of 'Other'?!

So, I restored my ipod (5) because for some unknown and reason that I did nothing, I could not sync my ipod because it was "over capacity." I had changed NOTHING within 2 weeks, plugged my ipod in, and this happened. I gained about 3 gb's of other.

I then restored, which usually clears the other, right? WRONG. 7 gbs other!!!

I just plugged my ipod in today to put more music on because some was missing (I'M ALSO MISSING ALL 3000 OF MY **** PICTURES) and I now have 14 gigabytes of other.

I'm getting extremely aggravated and I need answers.

(edit: what the **** is the point of a backup if it doesn't save my pictures? screw you icloud. )

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:02 PM

8 replies

Mar 2, 2015 3:07 PM in response to Hans Moleman

Both the iTunes and iCloud backups do backup data. For what is backed up see:

Should I use iTunes or iCloud to back up my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch? - Apple Support

Note that if you restore from iTunes backup the apps have to be in the iTunes library for apps data to be restored since synced media like apps and music are not included in the iTunes backup.

It could also be that you backed up the empty iPod before restoring from backup. iCloud and iTunes only includes the last backup.

If you first restore to factory settings/new iPod and then from backup and have the excessive "other" that means the excessive "other" is in the backup

REALLY FRUSTRATED!!! (14gb of other)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.