Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all iTunes songs grayed out and won't sync to phone

Hello,

I have over 9000 songs in my iTunes library. My iTunes library is stored locally on my iMac. The vast majority of songs were imported from CD's I own. If in iTunes I make the selection to sync the entire library to my phone, iTunes reports that there are about only 250 songs total. If I select "Sync only checked songs" and choose a few songs or albums, the number of songs to sync stays at zero. iTunes version 12.1.0.50.

When viewing my iTunes library I noticed that just about all of my song titles are gray. If I click on a song in iTunes it plays no problem. However I can't sync anything over to my phone anymore.

If I go to the library location on my HDD all of the music files are there as they should be.

I appreciate any suggestion - I've been trying to fix this for some time now and have had no success.

Regards.

NM

iMac

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:14 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2015 12:04 AM in response to NoMax2

i totally understand your frustration, I have had the 6 for about a month and have had to do 5 resets including tow factory resets as new phone.

What phone are your syncing?

What is the available memory? when plugged in to iTunes what s=does the status bar state?

What is the available memory on your phone? what does the usage state for music?

Have you tried consolidating all your music to one iTunes file location?

Mar 4, 2015 3:29 PM in response to NoMax2

I have finally solved this issue. Here is the solution:

1. Open iTunes

2. Select Music

3. In the upper right hand corner select Albums.

4. Under "All Albums" highlight the first album, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, hold down the shift key and select the last album.

5. All albums should now be selected.

6. Place the cursor over one of the albums. Press with 2 fingers on the trackpad to bring up the menu.

7. Select "Check All"

8. Congratulations - no more grayed out songs and they will sync now.

9. Go into your iPhone sync and check the songs you want to transfer and click the sync button.

I hope this helps you to resolve your issue.

NO MAX

all iTunes songs grayed out and won't sync to phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.