Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air won't connect to Brother DCP-L2540DW wireless printer

It connected when first got the printer....will no longer. Nothing listed in the Printers and Scanners. I think it got lost after last update. Tried to Add the Brother printer but nothing comes up....

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:40 PM

3 replies

Aug 30, 2015 9:56 AM in response to jswaldo

Did you get anything to work?? My printer won't wake up from sleep mode - most of the time - when I try to print from my Mac (also running the same OS as you). But every non-Apple device works fine. And the printer did work before some of the various Mac updates. I've had other network issues w/ my Mac that seem to be related to Mac updates as well.

Oct 17, 2015 5:55 PM in response to tokimasa

Same problem here. I end up going to the printer settings with my web browser by typing in the printer's IP address. I then reset the printer from there (but keep network settings). This solves the problem but it's a pain to do this every time. Are you connected with wi-fi? I'm going to try connecting with a network cable.

Macbook Air won't connect to Brother DCP-L2540DW wireless printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.