Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add the "Restore Apple TV" screen to iTunes?

I have an Apple TV 2 box that requires a restore using the usb cable attached to iTunes. Problem is that I don't have the option on the screen. I'm on a windows 7 computer

null-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:23 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 8:41 AM in response to maponATV

Here's an update.

I got it working and while I appreciate all the useful suggestions very often it's something much simpler than what we think we did to resolve the issue. I've discovered that the sequence in which the steps are performed is much more important than anything else. I followed a set of instructions that were posted here before my post, specifically to disconnect all other USB cables from my computer and only leave the one to the ATV. Unfortunately that had nothing to do with it. Instead I plugged everything back in and disconnected the USB cable from the ATV. The computer was never rebooted and I left the iTunes application running.

I powered off the ATV (pain in the *** since there's now switch and it's a ***** to pull the cord) powered back on. waited for the blinking Status LED and only then plugged in the USB. I looked the iTunes screen and suddenly the window with the option to restore was there. The difference this time being that everything was powered up and running **Before** attaching the computer to the ATV via the USB cable. So the lesson ...watch the sequence in which you perform the steps.

How do I add the "Restore Apple TV" screen to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.