Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus suspected in iphone app from untrusted developer, how do I remove it??

I recently downloaded an app from my relative who is residing in China through the QR image attached. It was all fun until 2 days later my relative told me to quickly delete off the app as she had just received news the app is actually a virus that would steal personal information and hack into bank accounts. I have deleted the app but have concerns if it really was a virus, would deleting the app be sufficient? The app was downloaded from an untrusted developer although i have not jailbroken my phone. How can I check if my phone has gotten a virus? And if my phone is infected , how can I remove the virus totally?

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:49 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 5:38 AM in response to wtkat

That does appear to be likely to be a malicious app. It uses a trick to get installed that is described here:

http://www.thesafemac.com/major-ios-insecurity/

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com.)

At this point, I would consider your iPhone to be compromised, and would restore it to default settings. Do not restore from a backup.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Virus suspected in iphone app from untrusted developer, how do I remove it??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.