Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't hide app purchases in iTunes store

I"ve gone through all the proper steps to hide purchased apps in my account, but when I scroll my mouse over the individual apps, I don't get an "x" that is supposed to appear.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I've got tons of apps in there that my sons downloaded over the years that I would like to "hide" since they are not on my account anymore. I'm trying to clean up the account to reflect what my wife and I want to see.

Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:22 PM

12 replies

Sep 16, 2015 9:46 AM in response to Community User

I figured it out...

If you scroll you mouse over the upper left hand corner of the app (where the x should be), a "finger" will appear. It's like the "x" is hidden, but the ability to delete it is still there (if that makes sense). Clicking in that spot will make the app "hide". Not sure why the x's have disappeared, but hopefully this helps others trying to clean up their app purchases. I have hundreds of them that are not applicable anymore, and don't really want to see them hanging around. I'd rather be able to just delete them.

Can't hide app purchases in iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.