Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to associate an already used iPhone 5S with the same iTunes?

Recently I had a breach into my account (been hacked). Money was taken off from my account.

Due to this I have restored my iPhone. I created a new ID and password.

However now whenever I try to install the already purchased apps onto my iPhone I get the error message the my computer is not authorized.

No matter how many times I authorize my computer I get the same message. then that the computer is already authorized.

I did a little search and found out that my iPhone now is the one that is not associated with my iTunes account.

Is there a way to associate my phone with my iTunes Store account again or I'll have to take even more loss now and rebuy all the apps for which I already paid once?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:38 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 6:57 AM in response to attrium

Hi attrium,

You may need to authorize the computer with the correct Apple ID.

The items you're trying to play might have been purchased using a different iTunes Store account. To determine which account was used to purchase an item, follow these steps:

1. Select a purchased song in your library and choose File > Get Info.
  2. Click the Summary tab. Note the Account Name that appears in the list. This is the account name (Apple ID) you'll need to use when authorizing your computer to play this purchase.

Note: The account name that appears is the one you used when purchasing the item and does not change if the account name (Apple ID) changes.

If you've authorized the Apple ID that is shown in the Summary tab, you can check the purchase history for that Apple ID from Store > View My Account. If your purchase history does not reflect the purchase of the items in your iTunes library, consider any other Apple ID you may have created, and authorize the computer for your additional Apple ID.

If you forgot the password to one of your accounts, you can recover it using Apple's password-recovery website.

iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203160

Regards,

Allen

How to associate an already used iPhone 5S with the same iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.