Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red spot on black screen of iPhone 6 plus

I have an annoying 3mm irregular shaped red spot on my iPhone 6 plus screen when using apps with black background. Anyone having the same issue? Is this a hardware problem? Help please.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 8:00 PM

10 replies

Mar 1, 2015 8:15 PM in response to emilvaldezjr

I've never seen that. The only way to rule out hardware is to perform user troubleshooting. First step is a restart. Power the phone off/on. If it returns, then a reset. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. If it returns, make a backup of the phone and restore the phone to that backup. If after that, it still returns, then make a backup of the phone, however this time restore the phone as new, not from the backup. Do not add any additional content to the device and see if it returns. If it does, then you have a hardware issue and you need to make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store or your Authorized Apple Service provider. The restart, reset and restore from backup will not affect your data. However, a restore as new will delete all data from the device. Make sure everything is synced to a supported application to recover and import your photos and other data.

Sep 13, 2015 7:31 PM in response to brianjnye

User troubleshooting steps are restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new. Also, the 6 Plus has a camera program for certain serial numbers. See if yours is one for the camera program here. https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-isightcamera/

At the same time you make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have that looked at if you are a part of the program. If there is a problem with the device, Apple will take care of it.

Jan 31, 2016 11:15 AM in response to bulima

Since there were only 3 people reporting the problem, with the first a year ago, I'm guessing they got some type of resolution, however you would need to contact Apple for resolution with yours. Since the 6s Plus would still be under warranty, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store to have the device examined.

Red spot on black screen of iPhone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.