Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty in partitioning HD for installing Windows

I am attempting to install windows using bootcamp and windows 8.1. I have a MB Pro 13inch, no optical drive. I have made an .iso version on another computer, saved it on my MB pro, plugged in an empty flash drive, 16GB, and continued with bootcamp assistant, and constantly get the message when getting to the partitioning of my HD, that files can't be moved in order to create the partition. Disk utility says that my HD is the appropriate format (single partition, Mac OS extended (journaled), I have verified the disk, and even reinstalled OS X, then repeated the process of using bootcamp, still with the same error message, that I can't partition the disk and files have to be moved! How do I get around this one?

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 8:04 PM

1 reply

Difficulty in partitioning HD for installing Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.