Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd gen nano. Lock click wheel volume control but NOT track control???

My title basically says it all. I have a 3rd gen Nano that I want to use solely for a car and it won't be removed. Problem? The track control has to be done on the iPod itself as the car stereo won't do it, but the volume can be controlled by the car's head unit. That said I want the iPod volume to always be on max. Apparently the volume lock feature isn't what I'm looking for, nor is the hold switch. I want to lock the volume from being controlled by the scroll wheel but still be able to change tracks using the scroll wheel... without having to go into a menu or anything. The iPod will eternally be on shuffle and any track changes will just be skipping songs... and all done blindly just by touch... hence why it's driving me nuts I keep scrolling the volume down. Hope that makes some sense. I'm long-winded and wordy but not always clear. Lol

iPod nano

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:32 PM

1 reply

3rd gen nano. Lock click wheel volume control but NOT track control???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.