Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager site blank externally

Changed the server's host name to include the company's domain name and lost the ability to navigate to the site eternally. I've recreated all certs following the name change and can navigate to the site internally and enroll devices without issue however the external site is blank. When I enable Websites I'm able to navigate to the sites homepage however selecting Profile Manager loads a blank page.

Navigating to the MyDevices page loads a Service Unavailable error:
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache Server at PUBLIC_IP Port 443

Any idea what could be causing this behavior and how to resolve? Thank you

OS X Server

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:45 PM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2015 5:31 AM in response to theFerret

I used the Server app to change the name which did recreate the self-signed certificate. Unfortunately Profile Manager also relies on two other certificates, the code signing cert and the MDM Identity cert. Deleting and recreating the Open Directory master DB recreated these for me and allowed me to point Profile Manager's "Sign Configuration profiles" to the newly created certificate.

After all of that I was able to navigate to all the pages internally and enroll devices however still can't access it externally. I'm going to apply an SSL cert to the server to see if anything changes however I should be able to access the sites externally w/out one.

Anyone ever run into this issue before?

Profile Manager site blank externally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.