Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how i can back up my i phone ore restore back up if it keeps to say password is wrong. i tried every possible psw ds does not work. now i want to change the password it wants old pswd and i do not know it. what can i do?

how i can back up my i phone ore restore back up if it keeps to say password is wrong. i tried every possible psw ds does not work. now i want to change the password it wants old pswd and i do not know it. what can i do?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 10:45 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 12:37 AM in response to rufmeister

Sorry, but if you have forgotten the password for your encrypted backup, you'll have to start all over again:

Make sure that the password you use is one that you'll remember. If you encrypt an iPhone backup in iTunes and forget your password, you won't be able to restore from backup, and your data will be unrecoverable.

If you can't remember the password and want to start again, you must perform a full software restore and choose set up as a new device when iTunes prompts you to select the backup from which to restore.

copied from Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.