Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 seems to have a virus

An app called 'Health' appeared on my phone. I didn't install it. It's a white icon with a red heart in the upper right corner. It doesn't report to the Settings Menu, it doesn't report to the apps menu in Itunes. I can't remove it and ever since it mysteriously showed up the phone has become laggy with lot's of hangs, stuttering and other adverse behavior. Anybody know what this is and how to get rid of it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2, Health App

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:26 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2015 5:26 AM in response to Brannick

As roaminggnome points out, Health is part of iOS 8. It is not a virus, and neither is what is causing your problem.

As far as fixing the problems with your phone, first, try resetting your device. Press and hold both the home button and the sleep/wake button for about 10 seconds, until the screen turns off. Ignore the slider that will appear. Release the buttons, then press and hold the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo appears. This is the equivalent of a reboot, and should not affect your data or apps.

If that doesn't help, try restoring your device from backups, and if that doesn't help, restore it to factory settings (ie, do not restore a backup). See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

If none of that helps, the issue is caused by some kind of hardware problem, and the device will need to be repaired or (more likely) replaced.

My iPhone 5 seems to have a virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.