Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide Pilcrow at End of Column

Hello,

I am running Pages 5.5.2 on OS X 10.10.2. When I create a columned section of a document (i.e. select text, go to the Inspector > Layout, and change Columns to 2), the end of the columned section invariably has a pilcrow (paragraph symbol) inserted into it. I would like to remove it the symbol, but there appears to be no way to do so.

To be clear, this is not the non-printing paragraph symbol which you may see by going to View > Show Invisibles. This is a textual pilcrow, with the same font color and italicization as the preceding text, hanging at the end of the last line of the last column. It cannot be removed except by inserting an empty line at the end of the columned area.

I have resorted to putting white boxes over the pilcrows before printing. This is extremely frustrating, and it amazes me that a character is being inserted (and printed) in my text with no choice to change it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

- AJ Foster

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:19 PM

5 replies

Hide Pilcrow at End of Column

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.