Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing timing on multiple cameras

Im working on a project with multiple cameras shooting at the same time. I'd like to import it into iMovie and essentially sync up the time on both sets of clips. That would make transitioning from one camera to the other very easy. Is this possible?

Bonus question, I'd like to do the same with the audio I recorded in GarageBand.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:59 AM

You really need Final Cut Pro to do this sort of thing easily. It can sync the audio from multiple cameras automatically and allow you to switch the between them as you like.

In iMovie the easiest would probably be to select the clip with the longest duration or best quality audio and put this in the timeline as a base. You would detach the video from the other clips and place them above the first video clip as connected clips, moving them manually until they are in sync with the audio (I'm assuming you have people speaking or action which requires precise audio synncing. For more info see:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/#movf525350f0

Geoff

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 11:59 AM in response to MuggerMD

You really need Final Cut Pro to do this sort of thing easily. It can sync the audio from multiple cameras automatically and allow you to switch the between them as you like.

In iMovie the easiest would probably be to select the clip with the longest duration or best quality audio and put this in the timeline as a base. You would detach the video from the other clips and place them above the first video clip as connected clips, moving them manually until they are in sync with the audio (I'm assuming you have people speaking or action which requires precise audio synncing. For more info see:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/#movf525350f0

Geoff

Syncing timing on multiple cameras

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.