Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot re-install icloud on windows 7 pc

Hi there, as my Photo Stream wasn't syncing (and hasn't since September) I uninstalled 'icloud for windows' from my PC (running Windows 7, 64 bit) and am now unable to re-install it?

I've downloaded the latest version from the Apple website but I get a constant error screen as below -

"There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

I've also tried to install an older version (3.1 I think) following advice from these forums but can't do that either, can anyone help please?

Windows 7, 64 bit

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 4:49 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 2:26 AM in response to alibong72

Ok, I've sorted it - after checking both Apple & Microsoft forums I did the following.

I downloaded a proper uninstaller (apparently the windows version leave remnants of files that you can't see) at http://www.revouninstallerpro.com/

Using the 30 day free trial I deleted ALL Apple products (pls make sure your iTunes library is backed up first)

I then sucessfully re-installed the latest version of iCloud for Windows. The Photo Stream sync still doesn't work properly but then it didn't before either!

I am now manually downloading the photo's & Videos via icloud.com until Apple distribute a version that works. At least all the calendar stuff and contacts are back on my Outlook 2007 now.

I then re-installed iTunes and all is back to normal - good luck.

cannot re-install icloud on windows 7 pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.