Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone 5s iOS8

Long story short, my iPhone 5s, which was updated to iOS8.something, & was most likely pick-pocketed in a crowded public girls restroom about 30 hours ago. I had all the security on - fingerprint, 4-digit PIN, and of course, "Track my iPhone." I noticed my phone missing after AT MOST 10 minutes have passed. When I lost it, it was at about 25%. After I noticed it missing, I called it right away, yet it was already turned off & went straight to my voicemail. I was pretty sure I had it last in my coat pocket, but I checked everywhere I could, yet could not find it. I had everything else, BUT my phone! It was obvious that I was pick-pocketed. I used the "track my iPhone" about 15 hours later after it being stolen. So, I went on "track my iPhone," put the "Play Sound,", left a message with a number to contact me, but I'm pretty sure my phone has been offline ever since I first tried to reach it within those first 10 minutes of me noticing it gone. I was calling my phone ALL throughout that day, pretty much every single hour, but it was always off. I just don't understand why anyone would take an iPhone 5, if it is all locked up, fully updated, and secured? Is there any way I can still possibly find it, via police or my phone provider? I have all the necessary information, everything. I'm pretty sure it was a female who took it, because I noticed it missing as soon as I left the girls' restroom, yet I still had it on my way there. I just don't understand the purpose of taking it, and then turning it off immediately - at that point, why not just return it to the "lost & found" after realizing that you messed with the "wrong phone?" Also, I am not completely sure if I had the "Send Last Location" - if it was on, where would I be able to check that? & How much of a chance that I can somehow track the phone and get it back to me? & if it does get turned on, will it connect to the internet automatically, without the person having to know my 4-digit PIN or my iCloud information? I don't know what to think 😟

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 4:19 AM

Contact the police and your carrier. Apple will not get involved. And, yes; once the phone is turned on it will connect to the internet vial cel data and you will be able to track it.

FWIW if you had Find my iPhone turned on the thief will never be able to activate the phone and use it as they will have to erase it in order to bypass the passcode lock. Once erased it will ask for your Apple ID and password in order for activation to proceed. Do not delete your phone from find my Phone; if you do that activation lock will be disabled.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 4:19 AM in response to ssadic

Contact the police and your carrier. Apple will not get involved. And, yes; once the phone is turned on it will connect to the internet vial cel data and you will be able to track it.

FWIW if you had Find my iPhone turned on the thief will never be able to activate the phone and use it as they will have to erase it in order to bypass the passcode lock. Once erased it will ask for your Apple ID and password in order for activation to proceed. Do not delete your phone from find my Phone; if you do that activation lock will be disabled.

Stolen iPhone 5s iOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.