Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The application "Dropbox - test" can't be opened -1712

I created two additional dropbox applications though Automator and they have been working fine with no problem along with my own normal Dropbox application. I have them all set to open on start up along with Google Drive so that they appear in the top bar on my Macbook Pro. They are also in the sidebar on Finder.

The problem i am having is that when i start up my Mac, my normal original Dropbox opens and syncs however the other two don't open. When i go to Applications and click on either of the two to open then i am getting the message - The application "Dropbox - test" can't be opened -1712.

I have been reading about this online and went to the Activity Monitor and forced quit these and they show up in red when i search for them. But then i still have no luck in opening them. I have allowed Applications to be opened from Everywhere in the System Preferences - Security section too.

Its very strange how i have had this working with no problems and then it suddenly stops.

Any help or suggestions anyone can give would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:39 AM

There are no replies.

The application "Dropbox - test" can't be opened -1712

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.